Friday, May 16, 2014

Small Break

ABQ SEWING CONVENTION
It may be another week or two before I can get back to anything AncestryFiles related, as I am trying to complete two dresses before the end of next week.  I am hoping to wear them to ------------------->

There is a coupon for half off admission price, so it is only $5 for all three days!  I could use getting out of the apartment a bit.  Plus, it is only $2 for an all day bus pass.  Now I just need to figure out how to rein in spending habits at this place.  I guess with no money that shouldn't be too tricky...  Patterns and good fabric will be my weakness.




Oh, and did you hear the wonderful news?  Not only is the OUTLANDER series by Diana Gabaldon being televised and aired this year, but filming has started this spring on the remake of the POLDARK series by Winston Graham!  I am super excited about the cast, with the exception of my namesake...just check out the IMBD site for the listing and you will understand.  I love the original series, even if it is dated and I can only watch it on VHS (yes, I have a working VHS player; it is actually built into my TV that I have had since the start of college...I won't say when that was), but am looking forward to this new adaptation.  Just look at who they cast as Ross Poldark: the lovely Aidan Turner!
POLDARK INFO HERE


If you have not seen his work, go watch the first two seasons of Being Human (UK original version), it is on Netflix streaming.  He will not be a disappointment.  What is there not to love about this dark Irish cutie?  (Other than his being a year younger than myself and living/working in the UK?)

Take a look at all these production stills and info about the filming here.

No comments:

Post a Comment